Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Same lesson, different classes

Good morning everybody,


Sometimes I notice that the SAME EXACT lesson, with my approach being the same (I'm pretty sure) go differently based on the students in my room or the time of day.  I am really interested in why that happens.  I know classrooms are dynamic, heterogeneous places with lots of different students in each room, making a unique environment in each room and time of day.  However, it still boggles my mind that my period a class can be so different than my period f class.  Of course, this time wasn't a great comparison, since one was hybrid so i had students in the room paying attention (and whom I could monitor and engage more readily).  But the same questions, the same engaging questions and inquiry based learning and real world connections, totally flopped and/or received no response from the folks at home online.  The in class discussion as well as the at home discussion during the other period, with the same approach and delivery, went swimmingly the day before.  

EDD reasearchers, or folks doing inquiry projects - has anyone studied this effect?  It can't be something that only I notice.  I'll bet that there are tons of reflective practitioners out there experiencing similar stuff.  I'd welcome your comments - likes and shares or just feedback on this blog or on my social media share of the blog.  Extra points and appreciation if you can link to scholarly articles or your own experiences of the same or similar situations.


Have a great day all!


~Mark


No comments:

Post a Comment